Saturday, October 19, 2013

Interactive Read Aloud

Interactive Read Aloud


I don't know about you all, but this week has been a very long and busy week! If you can believe it, I even slept past noon today because I was so exhausted! Next week is conferences, so I know it will only get busier!  It is hard to believe we are already finished with the first quarter of school.  It has just flown by! 

I wanted to take a moment to share with you all what we have been doing with our interactive read alouds the past few weeks.  I have been focusing on a different fairy tale each week and then reading a different version of that fairy tale. The kids are having a blast!  They love the fairy tales, especially the "fractured" version of the classic tales they haven't heard before! Our latest fairy tale is Little Red Riding Hood!  The first thing we did was focus on the character traits of Little Red. I better tell you all now...I LOVE anchor charts!!! Especially the ones where the kiddos help create them! This is our first anchor chart we created. As a class, we thought of different descriptions of Red. Next, students worked as a group to write one thing Little Red Riding Hood did or experienced in the story. Then, we put them in sequential order. Lots of standards were addressed in this one anchor chart!



Next, we read Lon Po Po: A Red Riding Hood Story from China.  We focused on comparing and contrasting the two versions of the story. They were on a roll with this one! They thought of so many things!


As you can see, sticky notes are my best friend! haha.  They come in so handy sometimes! Anyways, that is just a little snippet of what we have been doing!  Tomorrow is Sunday so I am hoping I have one more relaxing day before the craziness begins all over again on Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment